- 03 Apr 2023
- 1 minute to read
Add a SCORM activity
- Updated on 03 Apr 2023
- 1 minute to read
Totara Learn fully supports the AICC and SCORM 1.2 specifications. It also supports the SCORM 2004 specification, with the exception of these extensions:
- Content Aggregation Model
- The Run-Time Environment
- Sequencing and Navigation
SCORM 2004 packages that do not use these extensions should function correctly in Totara Learn.
Follow these steps to add a SCORM activity to a course:
- Within a course, click Turn editing on.
- Select SCORM from the Add an activity menu.
- Drag and drop a compressed SCORM file onto the file upload area or use the icon of a file and plus sign ( ) to browse and add a file.
- Set the SCORM settings.
- Set the Activity completion settings if required.
- Select Save and return to course or Save and display.
If you are happy with the default settings for SCORM packages in your course, you can instead drag and drop the zipped SCORM package directly into the course (providing editing is turned on). Next, select Add a SCORM package from the dialogue box and select Upload. Once you have uploaded your SCORM package you can still edit the settings as normal.
As of Totara 13, two important capabilities were added to manage who can upload SCORM packages.
- Upload a new unknown SCORM package (mod/scorm:addnewpackage): Users with this capability can upload an unknown local SCORM package or change the package URL/reference when creating or editing a SCORM activity. This capability should only be given to trusted users.
- Manage list of known trusted SCORM packages (mod/scorm:managetrustedpackages): Users with this capability can manage the list of trusted packages via a report created with the Known trusted SCORM packages report source.
If a user without the correct permissions attempts to upload an unknown SCORM package, they will see an error message.
The Totara Academy has a whole course dedicated to using SCORM in Totara Learn. Give it a go yourself and see what you can learn today.
© Copyright 2024 Totara Learning Solutions. All rights reserved. Some content originally obtained via GPLv3 license and continues to be available under GPLv3. All other content is the sole copyright of Totara Learning Solutions.