- 21 Jun 2022
- 1 minute to read
Add a web service
- Updated on 21 Jun 2022
- 1 minute to read
To add a new external web service, follow these steps:
- Go to Quick-access menu > Plugins > Web services > External services.
- Click Add.
- Fill out the form as required. You can click Show more... to see additional options. Mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
- Click Add service to save this new external service.
The Manage protocols page (Quick-access menu > Plugins > Web services > Manage protocols) allows you to enable or disable various web service protocols. Available protocols are: AMF, REST, SOAP, and XML-RPC.
It is recommended for security reasons that you only enable protocols that are in use by your site.
If you are either a developer yourself or you are working with a web services client developer then you will want to enable Web services documentation. You can do this by ticking the Web services documentation box, then clicking Save changes.
You can generate a unique token for any users in the system. Note that this is the only way to generate tokens for admin users.
The Manage tokens page (Quick-access menu > Plugins > Web services > Manage tokens) will show you a list of all currently issued tokens. You can click Delete to get rid of any of these. The list only shows the details of the current tokens, and not the tokens themselves (to maintain their security and integrity).
To create a new token, follow these steps:
- Click Add (under the list of tokens).
- Complete the mandatory fields (marked with an asterisk). You can also add an IP restriction and Valid until date.
- Once you have entered all the required information, click Save changes to generate the token.
- You will be shown the newly created token, which you will need to copy before closing the page, as it will not be shown again.
© Copyright 2022 Totara Learning Solutions. All rights reserved. Some content originally obtained via GPLv3 license and continues to be available under GPLv3. All other content is the sole copyright of Totara Learning Solutions.