- 21 Jun 2022
- 1 minute to read
Getting started with Totara Engage
- Updated on 21 Jun 2022
- 1 minute to read
When starting out with Totara Engage, either when upgrading from an existing Totara Learn site or for a brand new site, you’ll need to set up some of the important functionality so your site is ready to use.
Here we’ve assumed that you’ve already configured your site’s core functionality, configured the look and feel, and created your users’ accounts.
Follow these steps to get started with Totara Engage:
- When Totara Engage is activated user profiles become active for your site’s users. By default only the user profile summary card and the User profile - Social block with the link to users' public contributions will be displayed. You can configure the default user profile further by enabling corresponding capabilities and configuring User profile blocks.
- Configure the user profile summary card by navigating to Quick-access menu > Users > User profile summary card.
- To create topics navigate to the quick-access menu and search for Manage topics (or go to [yoursite]/totara/topic/index.php), then click Add topics. This will allow users to assign topics when creating resources. Note that users will not be able to create public resources without an assigned topic, so you need to make sure there are topics to choose from.
- Set up and configure the Totara Engage recommendations engine. This is required for any recommendations to function. For information on how to set up the recommendations engine on the server side please see our technical documentation.
- Configure the Find learning catalogue by navigating to Learn > Find learning > Configure catalogue. On the Contents tab ensure that Totara Engage content (resources and playlists) is ticked, and will therefore be included in the catalogue.
- Create any workspaces you know your users might need, and assign new owners for each workspace if required.
With Totara Engage users will be able to see other users' profile pages, but only the parts configured by the Site Administrator (e.g. the user profile summary card and user profile blocks).
© Copyright 2024 Totara Learning Solutions. All rights reserved.