- 21 Jun 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
What are plugins?
- Updated on 21 Jun 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Plugins are core features in Totara that can be turned on and off, configured or uninstalled, allowing you to configure the site to your organisation's needs. Most of these plugins will therefore come installed on your site by default, ready for you to use as needed. What you can do with each plugin will vary from feature to feature. In some cases you will simply be able to choose to uninstall a plugin if you do not feel it is helpful for your organisation. In other cases you can enable or disable certain plugins to prevent your site from being cluttered with unnecessary features (as Totara is a powerful tool with lots of functionality). Some plugins can be configured or set up to work in specific ways.
Plugins on the site include (but are not limited to):
- Activity modules: Activities and resources you can add to courses in Totara Learn
- Authentication methods: Configure how users can access your site
- Availability restrictions: Decide which restrictions will be available on your site (Totara Learn)
- Blocks: Configure which blocks are available for use on dashboards, the front page, and in courses (Totara Learn), etc.
- Machine learning: Configure how recommendations work in Totara Engage
- Mobile: Enable your site to work with the Totara Mobile app
To see all available core plugin features, log in to your Totara site as a Site Administrator and go to Quick-access menu > Plugins, then use the left-hand panel for navigation.
|Plugin name||What can you do?|
|Local plugins||Only shows options if you have relevant plugins installed - no default options.|
|Machine learning settings|
|Plagiarism||Only shows options if you have relevant plugins installed - no default options.|
The Totara Academy has a course dedicated to using Plugins and advanced features in Totara. Here you can learn more, see best practice, give it a go yourself.
© Copyright 2022 Totara Learning Solutions. All rights reserved.