- 24 Feb 2022
- 1 minute to read
Managing course content
- Updated on 24 Feb 2022
- 1 minute to read
Editing activities and resources
There are lots of ways you can quickly edit resources and activities to your preferences, including changing settings, renaming, and moving the activity or resource within your course.
If course editing is enabled, when you click Edit next to an activity a shortcut menu with common actions will appear. The options are:
- Edit settings: Access the settings for the activity or resource
- Move right: Indent the activity or resource on the course page
- Move left: This is available after using Move right to reverse the indentation
- Hide: Make the activity or resource invisible to users without show hidden activity capabilities (Learners by default)
- Duplicate: Copy the activity or resource and its associated settings
- Assign roles: Assign people to roles for the selected activity or resource
- Delete: This will permanently delete the activity or resource, you will be asked to confirm the deletion
If you want to quickly rename an item you can do this by following these steps:
- Click the edit icon () immediately next to the item's name.
- Type the new name.
- Press the enter/return key on your keyboard.
You can use the crosshairs () to drag and drop an item to a different topic on the page.
- Hover your mouse over the crosshairs () for the item you wish to move.
- Left-click and hold on your mouse.
- Drag the item to where you want it to go.
- Release the left mouse key to place the item.
You will see a washed out version of the item where it would be placed if you released the mouse key to place it.
If the course has groups enabled on it then you can quickly edit the group mode for any applicable activities by clicking the icon alongside the Edit menu. Cycle through the options until you get the one you want.
- No groups ()
- Visible groups ()
- Separate groups ()
You cannot edit the completion settings without going into the activity settings but you can quickly see what the settings are if they are set. If activity completion is set to none then there will be no icon.
- Manual activity completion:
- System activity completion (after meeting criteria):
Read more in the activity completion documentation.
© Copyright 2023 Totara Learning Solutions. All rights reserved. Some content originally obtained via GPLv3 license and continues to be available under GPLv3. All other content is the sole copyright of Totara Learning Solutions.