- 05 Aug 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Create courses with content marketplace items
- Updated on 05 Aug 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Within the content marketplace
While in the content marketplace you can follow these steps to create a course:
- Go to Quick-access menu > Courses > Explore content marketplace.
- Select one or more content items by ticking the checkbox on the relevant items.
- Click + Create course to add a new course to your Totara Learn site.
- The number and the name of the content items you have selected will be displayed alongside the mandatory Course settings. You will need to confirm the Course settings for each new course you wish to create.
- Once you have entered the required information, select Create and view course to add the new course or (where you have chosen to add multiple courses) Create [number] courses.
Your course will be created and is ready to edit. Courses created using the content marketplace can be managed and configured as any other Totara Learn courses including tracking of activity and course completion.
When creating a course using GO1 content, activity completion is automatically configured and SCORM activity completion will either require the Passed or Completed status. However, the course completion criteria are not set up automatically.
If you have set up GO1 courses without configuring course completion, you can enable the activity as criteria for completion in the course completion settings, and then once cron has run, any existing activity completions (prior to the criteria being enabled) should show as complete in the Record of Learning.
Within manage courses and categories
You can also create new courses from content marketplace items by following these steps:
- Go to Quick-access menu > Courses > Manage courses and categories > Create new course.
- Click Add courses from the GO1 content marketplace. You will be taken to the Explore content marketplace area.
- Select the required content items and click + Create course.
- Once you have entered the required Course setting information, select Create and view course to add the new course or, where you have chosen to add multiple courses, Create [number] courses.
The Totara Academy has a whole course dedicated to using the Content marketplace in Totara. Here you can learn more about setting up GO1 and LinkedIn Learning integrations, see best practice, and give it a go yourself.
© Copyright 2022 Totara Learning Solutions. All rights reserved.