- 05 Aug 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Import content from LinkedIn Learning
- Updated on 05 Aug 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
While importing content from LinkedIn Learning is done manually, the Totara integration includes an interface that makes it easy for you to find content relevant to your organisation and import one or more courses into your catalogue.
You can access the catalogue import page in the following ways:
- As a Site Administrator (or another user with the relevant permissions to set up the integration), navigate to Quick-access menu > Content Marketplace > Browse LinkedIn Learning content
- As a Course Creator (or role with similar permissions), navigate to Find learning > Explore content marketplaces
- When creating a course as a Course Creator (or any role with course creation permissions), you will have the option to import LinkedIn Learning content instead of creating a Totara course
To import LinkedIn Learning content, follow these steps:
- Get to the LinkedIn Learning catalogue import page using one of the methods outlined above.
- Use the Filters on the left-hand side to find the items you would like to import. Note that you can also use the Sort by setting in the top-right corner.
- Tick the boxes next to all courses you want to import. You can also check the box at the top of the list of content (under the number of items) to select all courses on the current page.
- Use the Assign category... dropdown to select the course category to which you would like the courses to be added. Note that the available categories will be based on your tenant, if applicable.
- Click Next: Review.
- You will then see a list of courses to be imported.
- Click Create course(s).
- You will then see your Catalogue, with the new course(s) from LinkedIn Learning.
If fewer than 50 courses need to be imported then they will be imported immediately. However, if 50 or more courses need to be imported then they will be queued and imported in batches, which may take several minutes. You will be notified if any or all courses fail to import.
- Access LinkedIn Learning courses
- Working with LinkedIn Learning courses
- Using LinkedIn Learning content in other courses
The Totara Academy has a whole course dedicated to using the Content marketplace in Totara. Here you can learn more about setting up GO1 and LinkedIn Learning integrations, see best practice, and give it a go yourself.
© Copyright 2022 Totara Learning Solutions. All rights reserved.