- 19 Oct 2022
- 1 minute to read
Adding certification content
- Updated on 19 Oct 2022
- 1 minute to read
Certification content can include any set of courses within a Totara Learn site.
On the Content tab of a certification you can define the courses that Learners will be required to complete to gain and maintain the certification. If you add multiple sets, you can then use set dividers (see below) to create of sequences or dependencies between each set.
Original certification path
When adding Original certification content to a certification, open the Content tab in the relevant certification and follow the below steps:
- Select Set of courses from the Add a new dropdown menu and click Add.
- Browse through the course categories or Search for a specific course. Note that if completion tracking is not enabled for a course, that course will not be available to add to a certification.
- Click on the name of each course to be added.
- Selected course(s) appear in the Items to add area.
- Click Ok to complete the course selection or Cancel to exit.
- Complete the course set settings as described below.
- Repeat steps 1-7 to add another Set of courses.
- Select Save changes.
After you have set up the initial certification path, you can configure the recertification path.
Select courses in the order they should appear in the set.
A delete icon to remove a course from the certification selection will appear on hover over.
When adding multiple sets of courses or more than one competency to a certification, conditional dividers or access rules can be added between sets.
- Or: Learners can either complete the learning in the first course/competency set or the second course/competency set, the learning of both course/competency sets is available at the same time
- Then: Learners must complete the first course/competency set before being given access to the second course/competency set
- And: If both course/competency sets need to be completed
The Totara Academy has a whole course dedicated to using Programs and certifications in Totara Learn. Here you can learn more on how to use programs and certifications, see best practice, and give it a go yourself.
© Copyright 2022 Totara Learning Solutions. All rights reserved.